MG Chemicals Wood Filament is made with a blend of polylactic acid (PLA) and wood particles. This material is biodegradable, can be sanded and painted and has a sweet odor of wood. It has the ease of use similar to PLA and is great for artists and hobbyists who are looking to experiment with different printing materials. It is pretty much a drop in replacement for regular PLA and is quickly becoming a favourite to print with. Printing temperature ranges from 185° – 230° C (365°- 446° F). Slowing down the print speed to 50%-60% will improve the smoothness of your print. Varying temperatures will affect the color of the final product. No heated bed is required. It is highly recommended this product be used with 0.5 mm nozzles or larger to avoid clogging. However, nozzles as small as 0.35mm are being used with great success, sometimes using higher heat to avoid clogging.
- Wood / PLA blended Filament
- 1.75 mm diameter, Wood filament, 0.5 Kg net weight
- Suggested print temperature ranges from 185°C to 230°C (365°F-464°F)
- Diameter tolerance: 1.75mm: 1.75+/-0.1mm
- Compatible with all fused-filament 3D printers models (sold separately)