Black Magic 3D Glow in the Dark PLA (1.75 mm, 500 g per spool) is designed to glow long and bright, allowing its use for high performance parts. In order to make our material as user (and child) friendly as possible, the base material, PLA, is made from non-toxic renewable resources, including corn starch. PLA is biodegradable and therefore more environmentally friendly than other materials such as ABS (which is petrochemical-based). Further, using PLA allows users to avoid the fumes inherent in printing with ABS. The filament itself comes in four different colors, all which glow to bright neon colors when the lights are out. Not just for making children’s toys, our filament has serious applications for budding artists and makers who are looking to bring a new dimension to their prints. Useful projects include glow-in-the-dark light switches (to make it easier to find the switch after shutting off the lights) and for designing light-shades which continue to glow after the light is turned off, allowing children to make an easy transition to sleeping without a nightlight.
- Premium quality, made in USA, vacuum sealed with a desiccant pack.
- Diameter: 1.75 mm (Size: 500 grams)
- All filaments will glow after being charged for 15 minutes or less with a bright light!
- Compatible with most of desktop FDM / FFF 3D printer models
- Suggested print temperature: 225-230 degrees Celsius