The Printrbot Simple XL upgrade kit extends the build volume of a Printrbot Simple 3D printer (sold separately) to maximum dimensions of 7.28 x 3.9 x 6.5 inches/185 x 100 x165 mm (H x W x D). The kit, which requires assembly, includes laser-cut birch wood parts, metal rods, and a Y-motor extension to assemble a tower that extends build dimensions and helps provide additional rigidity. The tower includes removable wide-stance feet and a handle cutout for portability. Parts are also included to assemble a small filament spool and spool coaster to hold filament (sold separately).
3D printers fabricate physical objects directly from computer-aided-design (CAD) data sources. Objects created by additive manufacturing are built by dispensing successive thin layers of molten material onto a moving platform base from a robotic extruder nozzle. The material is most commonly a thermoplastic or HDPE (high-density polyethylene) filament.
Printrbot manufactures desktop 3D printers and accessories. The company is headquartered in Lincoln, CA.
What’s in the Box?
- 13″ smooth rods (2)
- 10.5″ acme rod
- Laser-cut wood plate for print platform
- Laser-cut wood plate for print bed
- Laser-cut wood pieces for tower, spool, and spool coaster(10)
- Y-motor extension
- Fasteners (bolts, nuts, washers, etc.) for assembly
- Zip ties (12)
- Kit to increase build volume to maximum dimensions of 7.28 x 3.9 x 6.5 inches/185 x 100 x165mm (H x W x D)
- Works with the Printrbot Simple 3D printer (sold separately)
- Laser cut wood pieces and rods to add height and stability to printer tower
- Includes laser cut plates for print platform and print bed, and a Y-motor extension
- Assembly required