The Printrbot Simple 2014 fully assembled 3D printer has an open platform with an aluminum print bed and a frame constructed of black powder-coated steel and aluminum for fabricating objects to maximum dimensions of 6 x 6 x 6 inches/150 x 150 x 150 mm (H x W x D) using PLA (polylactic acid) thermoplastic filament. The printer has a vertical resolution of 100 microns (0.10 mm) and includes a direct drive 6061 aluminum extruder with a shrouded cooling fan, and an Ubis hot end that accepts 1.75 mm PLA filament. The unheated 6061 aluminum print bed has a matte finish, has a semi-auto leveling features, and provides a level build surface that will not warp. The printer is commanded through the provided micro USB cable using G-code numerical control instructions. An SD memory card slot can store G-code instructions on a memory card (sold separately) for operation without a connection to a computer. It can be used with 3D printer management software packages (sold separately). The frame is made of powder-coated steel and aluminum. Machined aluminum axis rods with linear bearings and injection molded gears help ensure precise movement. The size 17 stepper motors meet the National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA) standard ICS 16-2001. The printer comes with a sample spool of PLA filament.
|Vertical (Z-axis) resolution||100 microns (0.10 mm)|
|Hot end||Ubis 1.75 mm|
|Nozzle diameter||0.4 mm|
|Build speed||60-65 mm/min|
|Build volume*||4 x 4 x 4 inches/100 x 100 x 100 mm (H x W x D)|
|Overall dimensions*||8 x 14 x 11 inches (H x W x D)|
|Weight||5.25 lb (2.38 kg)|
|Input method||Micro USB cable (included) or SD memory card (sold separately)|
*H is height, the vertical distance from the lowest to highest point; W is width, the horizontal distance from left to right; D is depth, the horizontal distance from front to back.
3D printers fabricate physical objects directly from computer-aided-design (CAD) data sources. Objects created by additive manufacturing are built by dispensing successive thin layers of molten material onto a moving platform base from a robotic extruder nozzle. The material is most commonly a thermoplastic or HDPE (high-density polyethylene) filament.
Printrbot manufactures desktop 3D printers and accessories. The company is headquartered in Lincoln, CA.
What’s in the Box?
- Printrbot Simple 2014 3D Printer (assembled)
- 12v 6A laptop power supply
- Power cord
- USB cable
- Sample spool of 1.75 mm PLA plastic filament
- Steel and aluminum body for increased strength and rigidity
- 6″x 6″x 6″ build volume
- Semi-Auto Leveling via Software
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Fewer parts and far better precision in manufacturing than previous wooden versions of this Simple 3D printer
- Assembled 3D printer that fabricates objects from G-code instructions using PLA thermoplastic filament
- Open platform for ease of access with black powder-coated steel and aluminum frame construction
- Builds objects to maximum dimensions of 6 x 6 x 6 inches/150 x 150 x 150 mm (H x W x D)
- Vertical (Z-axis) resolution of 100 microns (0.10 mm)
- Semi-auto leveling, 6061 aluminum print bed provides a level build surface that will not warp